To avoid confusion, we use the Gregorian calendar (new style) everywhere in the bookings. Although in our monastery we follow the Julian calendar (old style).
It is important to know:
- We do not accept guests who do not have a reservation or whose diamonitirion has expired.
- You shouldn’t make last minute requests!
The normal deadline is about a month in advance.
We do not accept requests to issue diamonitirion for dates closer than one week!
These deadlines are required by the Ouranopoli Pilgrims Bureau. If we submit the data late, you will not be issued a diamonitirio!
- We do not accept groups larger than 3 people.
- The stay in the Monastery should not exceed one day.
- According to a decision of the Holy Community, governing body of Mount Athos, the visitor permits for Mount Athos (diamonitirios), which are issued by a particular monastery, ARE NOT VALID for the other monasteries of Mount Athos.
So, if you are going to visit another monastery with our diamonitirion, check in advance if you will be accepted with it when you book there!
(Our Monastery is disposed to accommodate pilgrims with a diamonitirion issued by another monastery as long as a reservation is made in advance.)