The Church of the Dormition is one of the oldest buildings in the present architectural complex of the Monastery. It was built in 1768, during the time of Archimandrite Akaky, the Confessor Daniil and the Skeuophylax Arseny. The construction of the Church was funded with the donations of Hadzhi Valcho of Bansko. It was painted in 1780. The iconostasis was made around 1780, when the painting of the Church was completed.